Experience the Extra-Ordinary Destinations in Bern
Bern has been pegged as the most elegant city and architectural capital of Switzerland. From niche lavish destinations to great monuments, castles, and museums, this capital city offers a myriad of stylish yet great experiences for tourists, students, and business professionals all year long. So whether you are a student or a tourist, there are some amazing destinations in Bern for everyone. And if you are confused about how to effectively plan your adventure in Bern, we are here to help you with it.
Destinations in Bern
Here’s a complete guide of all the destinations in Bern you should witness.
- Zytglogge: Built in the early 13th century, the Zytglogge tower is one of the most prominent landmark medieval towers in Bern, Switzerland. Moreover, it has served the city as a clock tower, prison, guard tower, the center of urban life, and civic memorial.
- Bärengraben: Popularly known as Bear Pit, the Bärengraben is one of the well-known destinations in Bern, Switzerland. Located at the eastern edge of the old city of Bern, next to the River Aar and Nydeggbrücke. Since 2009, it has been supplemented by an adjacent BärenPark, which is nothing but a larger enclosure alongside the River Aar
- Zentrum Paul Klee: Zentrum Paul Klee is the most popular museum in Bern, which was designed by an Italian architect Renzo Piano. The museum features almost 40 percent of Paul Klee’s absolute pictorial oeuvre. If you a historic lover then make sure you visit this prominent museum and witness the untold ancient history.
- Natural History Museum of Bern: The Natural History Museum of Bern is the most popular museum in Bern, Switzerland, which cooperates closely with the University of Bern. Every single year, the museum is visited by 100,000 people.
- Jegenstorf Castle: Jegenstorf Castle is a well-known castle, which signifies national significance. It is located in the municipality of Jegenstorf of the Canton of Bern in Switzerland. The castle is consisted of a square tower and is surrounded by a large park with a neo-gothic pavilion, which was built in 1890.
- Westside Shopping and Leisure Centre: Located on the outskirts of Bern, Switzerland, the Westside Shopping and Leisure Centre is a multi-use facility that has shops, a swimming pool, restaurants, a hotel, conference spaces, fitness centers, residences, and a cinema. Designed by an international architect Daniel Libeskind, the center was completed in October 2008.
- Church of the Holy Ghost: The Church of the Holy Ghost is one of the largest Swiss Reformed churches in Switzerland, which is located at Spitalgasse 44 in the Old City of Bern. It is a Swiss heritage site that symbolizes national significance and is visited by a lot of tourists every year.
- Burgdorf Castle: Located in the municipality of Burgdorf in the canton of Bern in Switzerland, the Burgdorf Castle is the most renowned location in the city, which showcases national significance. If you are taking a trip to the capital city of Switzerland, make sure you visit this awesome destination with your friends and family.
- Reichenbach Castle: Located in Zollikofen around 5 kilometers north of Bern, the Reichenbach castle was founded as a medieval fort. Later on, the medieval castle was rebuilt in the Baroque style. Furthermore, it is the most popular Swiss heritage site of national significance.
- Wil Castle: Wil Castle is one of the most prominent castles in the city and also a favorite destination for locals and tourists. Located in the municipality of Schlosswil in the Canton of Bern, Switzerland, it was once an administrative seat of the Konolfingen District.
- Worb Castle: Worb Castle is another eminent castle located in the municipality of Worb of the Canton of Bern in Switzerland. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the whole city.
- Schwarzenberg Castle: Located in the municipality of Schwarzenberg of the Canton of Bern in Switzerland, the Schwarzenberg Castle is a popular Swiss heritage site of national significance.
- Allmendingen Castle: Allmendingen Castle is one of the most admired castles, which is located in the municipality of Allmendinger of the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
- Altes Schloss Bümpliz: Also known as Old Bümpliz Castle, the Altes Schloss Bümpliz is located in the section of Bümpliz-Oberbottigen in the city of Bern of the canton of Bern.